Workshop 2 – 2017

Introductions

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Amy Stone 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Earl

Hi, I’m Earl, retired and do art to pass time, plus a little plein air, and the Virtual Paintout . I do pastels, pastel pencils and tried oil pastels but haven’t taken classes on them and I think this class will be very helpful. You will like the classes Strathmore has ,there paper choice is good as I us both mentioned and the Instructors are very helpful . Enjoy : )

Amy Stone

Nice to meet you, Earl!

–Amy Pearce Stone
    Her Art from the Attic

Sandy B

Hi I am Sandy, also retired and now have time to draw and paint and play with colour and form and line. This looks like so much fun. I remember oil pastels when at school – a long time ago. Now to find some oil pastels to use. Cheers

Karen Harvey

Hi I’m Karen,
    I’ve returned to art after a long haitus but in the meantime I started writing poetry. I would love to illustrate my poems. I took a small stacking water colour set with me and painted on the beach recently. It was a simple water colour sketch but I really enjoyed going out and doing it. I enjoyed using soft pastels in the past but I hated working with oil pastel. I will have a go though. I’m looking forward to doing this course.

Earl

I meant ” Their paper is good as I use both mentioned ( Artagain and Pastel paper ” when I read what I had written above it didn’t make sense : )

Tiffin

Hi I’m Tiffin. After my grandpa passed away last year I needed something nice in my life and turned to art. I take alot of classes at my local craft store and anything online I can find. I’ve been dabbling in acrylic, watercolor and mixed media. I haven’t touched pastels since I was a kid and I remember hating how they felt. So I thought I’d take this class and learn something new.

Amy Stone

What a wonderful group of people we have, here! I’m excited to go on this journey with you all!

Hi, I’m Robin hailing from Saskatchewan. I have begun exploring soft pastels. I work with multi-media and print making.

Hi, I’m Mirian. I’ve tried oil pastels in the past, but made such a mess, that decided no to do it anymore. Amy, you inspired me. I will try again!

Amy Stone

This is so great! I’m so excited to hang with you all. Be sure to find me on Facebook, so we can keep in touch! :)

Hey gang,
    I am Patti from Victoria BC and have been retired for almost 4 years. I love to do art and art journaling and am always looking for inspiration. I have been concentrating on drawing as late as I felt it was my weakest link. I have discovered pastel pencils and then soft pastels too. They are so beautiful!!!

Nice to meet you all.
    Cheers

Amy Stone

Nice to have you all! Thanks for hanging out with me!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.