Workshop 2 – 2020

Finding Outline Templates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lydia

Thank you so much for the class, Leslie. I would love to use this idea with more words, and perhaps expand the objects used to paint the interior. Can you give us some online sources (hopefully free) where we can find outline font templates?

Thank you,

Lydia Vogt,
    Pauma Valley, California

Hallie

You can do this in MS Word. Type your word on a page, then on the Home tab, Font section, there will be an A in blue that is an outline, click on the little arrow next to it and you will see several outline shapes. With your word highlighted, choose one. Then just keep playing with fonts until you find one you like (I think the one she uses is Times New Roman) and then with the size – you can type in a number that is larger than the options they give you. I am trying a four letter word in Elephant at a size of 265.
    The only thing I can’t figure out is how to get the letters close enough together (when stacked), I may do a little cutting and pasting.

Leslie Tieu

Hi Lydia! The way Hallie described it is exactly how I did it. I basically used a word processing program like MS Word to type out a word in a font that I liked. Then I selected options to create an outline of the font. Hope that helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.