Workshop 3 – 2018

Great Lesson

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tania Arthur 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tania Arthur

Hey Bob,
    Thanks so much for this lesson, I learnt so much. It’s incredible how much you teach in such a short timeframe. I have never learnt those twelve composition rules, do you have a list of them you could post please? I’m big on journalling too and would like to journal everything I learnt today.
    Thanks again,
    Kindly,
    Tania

Hi Tania-

So glad you enjoyed Bob’s first lesson! He’s a great instructor.

The 12 compositions are listed on the instruction sheet that came along with lesson 1 (linked right about the video). You can find it here:
    https://www.strathmoreartiststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2018_w4w1_instructions.pdf

Hi Tania,
    Thanks for writing – I am so glad you enjoyed it! I am a big fan of journaling. I keep many sketchbooks in my studio – Not just for sketching, but also to make notes, jot down ideas for paintings, for titles, new concepts. I refer to my sketchbooks when I need some inspiration and new ideas.
    Keep learning and keep journaling!
    Best to you,
    Bob

PS – I do a weekly “BobBlast” – a short lesson of varied subjects. You might find it interesting.
    Thanks again!

Tania Arthur

Hi Sara and Bob, thank you both so muchfor your generous replies. I’m thoroughly enjoying the course. The Rembrandt lighting technique also taught me so much. The handouts are very good, perfect addition to my journalling. Looking forward to next week’s lesson.
    Kindly,
    Tania

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.